DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
:means a physically strong and healthy, non-disabled Passenger over the age of 16 and who is prepared to assist the cabin crew in the event of an emergency evacuation of the aircraft;
:means non-flight related products and services which can be sold
simultaneously with or adjunct to any flight transaction. DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, SOME ANCILLARY SERVICES MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AND / OR THE COSTS OR NATURETHEREOF MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE;
:means all personal property accompanying you in connection with your
Journey. Unless otherwise specified, it includes both your Checked Baggage and Unchecked Baggage;
“Baggage Identification Tag”
:means a document issued by us solely for identification of
:means the document issued, electronically or otherwise, by the Carrier,
confirming a Booking Transaction, containing the booking reference number and a reference/link to these Terms & Conditions. Such Booking Confirmation shall be sent via SMS at an additional cost if requested by you;
:means the financial purchase of flights by you or a third party on your
behalf, related services and Ancillary Services provided by us as confirmed in your Booking Confirmation;
:Operator of the Charter – issuing the Tickets.
:means Baggage of which we take custody and for which we have issued
a Baggage Identification Tag;
:means the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008;
:includes delay, death or bodily injury to a Passenger as well as the delay,
loss or partial loss of Baggage, including any item contained in your Baggage, arising out of or in connection with carriage or other services incidental thereto. It also includes damage to Baggage, such as suit cases or any form of carry case used for that purpose. “Damaged” shall have a corresponding meaning as the context may indicate;
:means calendar days, including all 7 (seven) days of the week, provided
that, for the purpose of notification, the day upon which notice is dispatched shall not be counted;
:means where the Carrier is unable to provide a Seat for a booked
Passenger for operational reasons;
“Fees, Fare Class and Charges”
:means the current page titled “Fees and Charges” on our Website and in
Schedule 1 to this Terms & Conditions;
:Aero Charters PTY Ltd will charter a flight from an aircraft Charter Operator. This Charter company will be responsible for the operation of the flight and issuing of the ticket.
:means a flight or series of flights pursuant to a Booking Confirmation;
“Passenger”, “you”, “your” and “yourself”
:means any person, except members of the crew, carried, or to be carried in an aircraft with our consent;
:means a flight from the departure airport to the arrival airport on a flight;
:means a seat in our aircraft and “Seating” shall have a corresponding
meaning as the context may indicate;
:means any certified dog that assists a passenger who suffers from loss of
vision; who is physically disabled; has cerebral palsy; balance instability; advanced Fibromyalgia; or who suffers from a hearing loss;
“Terms & Conditions”
:means these Terms and Conditions of booking and carriage;
:means any Baggage other than Checked Baggage including all items
brought by you into the aircraft cabin;
:means (including without limitation) any fire, flood, earthquake,
elements of nature or acts of God, riots, civil disorders, government control/ restrictions / prohibitions / failures, rebellions or revolutions in any country, power outages and / or load shedding, industrial disputes, strikes or work stoppages of any kind or any other similar or dissimilar cause, or any other event or occurrence that is outside of our control that may result in a delay or a failure to comply with these Terms & Conditions;
:means a redeemable non-transferable electronic flight value voucher that
cannot be redeemed for cash, unless specified otherwise;
“We”, “our”, “ourselves”, “us”
:means Aero Charters PTY (Ltd) in association with MECS Travel and the Operator of the Charter.
:means any item by virtue of its nature that could cause injury to human
beings and endanger the safety of the aircraft, the crew and Passengers; and
- These Terms & Conditions apply to, the purchase of and the carriage by air or by other
means of transportation including surface transportation of Passengers and Baggage
performed by the Operator and or his agents on our behalf and to any potential liability we may have in relation to such carriage and transportation;
- We accept no liability whatsoever for any connecting flights, onward connections or accommodation, transportation, meal or incidental costs or any consequential
losses or costs as a result of any flight cancellations and/or delays;
- Unless otherwise advised in your itinerary, there are no Baggage transfer facilities
available. It shall be your responsibility to ensure adequate time for interconnection
between any flights booked through us or by another airline, including
allowing for adequate time to collect your Baggage from one flight and check it in for the
next flight. We not guarantee connections
- Terms & Conditions prevail: except as provided in these Terms & Conditions, in the event of an inconsistency between these Terms & Conditions and any other provision of the conditions of contract or any other regulations we may have in dealing with particular subjects, these Terms & Conditions shall prevail.
- Terms and conditions of the Operator will be provided on the ticket and must also be abided by.
- Language: English shall be the sole language used in the interpretation of these Terms & Conditions.
- Overriding laws: if these Terms & Conditions or any part thereof is inconsistent with any
legislation or regulation(s) of the Republic of South Africa, such legislation or regulation(s) shall prevail to the extent of the inconsistency. The invalidity of any provision shall not affect the validity of any other provision; such provision shall be regarded as severable from the remaining provisions.
- Proof of booking: the Booking Confirmation shall serve as prima facie proof of the contract for carriage between a Passenger and Us. Carriage of a Passenger is subject entirely to these Terms & Conditions and any written authorised direction given by or on behalf of the Operator to the Passenger.
- Validity: the Booking Confirmation is only valid for the Passenger(s) named, and the flight(s)
- Identity: carriage will only be provided to the Passengers named on the Booking Confirmation. You will be required to produce appropriate identification at check-in.
- General: fares apply only to carriage by Us from the airport at the point of origin to the airport at the point of destination. Fares exclude ground transport services between airports and town terminals unless otherwise specifically stated by Us.
- Taxes and insurance charges: any tax, fee or charge imposed by a government or other
authority or by the operator of an airport in respect of your use of any services or facilities
will be included in our fares. Administration fees and charges shall be borne by you,
unless otherwise specifically stated by Us. Such taxes, fees and charges imposed on air
travel is subject to change from time to time and can be imposed and/or amended after
the date that your booking has been confirmed. You shall nevertheless be liable for such
tax, fee or charge as and when they fall due prior to departure unless otherwise stated.
- Currency: fares and charges are payable in the currency prescribed by our published fares unless otherwise specifically agreed by us.
- Accuracy: all fares, flight schedules and routes published are correct at the time of publication. We reserve the right to revise any fares and flight schedules at any time and from time to time without prior notice.
- Applicable fares: are those published by us on our Website or on our behalf, whether
electronically or by way of any other medium. Fares may include administration fees, service
charges and other charges unless otherwise specifically stated by Us.
- Administration fee: In accordance with the provisions of the CPA, we reserve the right to an administration fee for any amendments made to the Booking Transaction, which are not included in the Booking Confirmation.
- Tickets are non-refundable if cancelled within 7 days prior to departure.
- Voluntary cancellations 7 days or more prior to departure: passengers will be issued with a credit voucher valued at 80% of the paid ticket valid for 06 months alternatively refunded less a 50% cancellation penalty.
- Flight cancellations due to any reason resulting from Act of God, COVID-19 lockdowns and restrictions imposed, government restrictions and /or unrest, will be less a 30% cancellation administration fee.
- Flights cancelled by Aero Charters for operational reasons, tickets will be 100% refundable.
- “No-shows” – will result in forfeit of ticket.
- Tickets are non- transferable
- In order to comply with the South African Civil Aviation Requirements all passengers will be required to undergo screening in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Any Passenger who refuses to undergo screening, or who refuses to wear the supplied face mask or who refuses to comply with any instruction which relates to preventing the spread of COVID-19, will be denied check-in and/or boarding.
- Screening of Passengers will include:
Temperature measurement. Passengers with a temperature of 37.5˚C or more will fail
the screening test;
Visual screening. This includes, amongst others, skin rash, difficult breathing or a persistent cough;
Brief history taking. Passengers travelling from high risk areas or from high risk countries;
Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Terms & Conditions, we reserve the
right not to allow any Passenger to check-in and/or board the aircraft, should the
Passenger fail any screening test or contravene any provisions of this Clause 4.7,
without any liability to us and without having to refund to you any fare paid.
NOTE: Although we endeavour to assist passengers with current regulation at point of departure and arrival the responsibility is that of the Passenger to ensure that he or she complies with all current regulations regarding to his travel. If a passenger is unable to board for travel due to any COVID-19 regulation paragraph 3.xi (No-shows)
- Reservation requirements: the booking of a Seat is confirmed after full payment of the fare is received by us and a Booking Confirmation is issued to you indicating that payment is complete. Once confirmed, the booking can be cancelled subject to our terms & conditions
- Group bookings: Individuals forming part of a group are governed by the same rules as for individual travellers.
- Passenger booked seats will be released should you fail to make payment or provide Passenger details;
Note: Passengers will be allowed 1x checked Bag with a maximum weight of 20kg and 2x cabin bag not exceeding 10kg. (restrictions apply below)
For operational reasons, excess baggage should be pre-arranged at time of ticket purchase and no later than 48 (forty-eight) hours prior to departure. Excess baggage will be accommodated at our discretion and at an additional cost per kilogram.
- Passenger check-in must be done at least 3 (three) hours prior to their flight departure time;
- Emergency Exit Row Seating: please note that emergency exit row Seating, or any row directly forward or aft of an emergency exit, (for the purpose of safety during an evacuation) is restricted to able-bodied Passengers over the age of 16 (sixteen) years. For the purposes of clarity, and in accordance with the requirements of Clauses 91.07 and 121.07 of the South African Civil Aviation Regulations, the following persons may not occupy an emergency exit row Seat:
- reduced mobility and special needs Passengers;
- pregnant Passengers in accordance with the provisions of Clause 6.6;
- young persons under the age of 16 (sixteen) years;
- adults travelling with infants; and
- any Passenger, based on the cabin crew’s sole discretion and evaluation, not deemed to comply with the definition of an able-bodied Passenger.
- Blocked Middle Seat: Subject to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, this Ancillary
Service is available to Passengers to encourage social distancing. By purchasing this option,
the middle seat in a row is blocked, thereby leaving an open seat between two Passengers. The blocked middle seat can only be booked with us at an additional charge and will be subject to availability. The blocked middle seat is not reserved for the Passenger’s exclusive use. The open seat area is shared with the remaining Passenger in the row.
- Reservation changes: no changes to the reservation will be allowed within 7 days of departure.
- Changes are not applicable once a flight has been missed, ticket will be forfeited and paragraph 3.xi (No-shows) will apply.
Payment: Electronic Funds Transfer (“EFT”) and cash deposit payments. In order for the booking to be finalised funds must be confirmed to reflect in our bank account. Proof of payment or deposit is not sufficient to confirm payment. We reserve the right to cancel the booking at any time prior to check-in and/or to disallow you from boarding the aircraft without funds reflecting in our account. The unique booking reference as per your Booking Confirmation must be used as the only reference for all payments relating to your Booking Transaction. This reference is conformation that we have received your funds. Failure to use the correct reference shall result in your booking being cancelled;
Personal data: You hereby acknowledge and agree that your personal data has been given to
us for the purposes of making a booking for carriage and providing you with confirmation of that booking, and facilitating the provision of services related to your flight, accounting, billing and auditing, checking credit or other payment cards, security, administrative and legal purposes, credit card issuance, systems testing, maintenance and development, statistical analysis, and helping us in any future dealings with you.
- Check-in, deadlines and conditions: you must arrive at the airport sufficiently in advance of the scheduled flight departure time to permit completion of any airport formalities and check-in procedures. Our airport check-in counters (and Baggage drop facilities) will be open 3 (three) hours before the scheduled flight departure time and will close strictly 45 (forty-five) minutes before departure. Failure to check in before the prescribed time would be see as a No Show and paragraph 3.xi (No-shows) conditions would apply. – Missed flights (No Show): failure to a Passenger is deemed to have missed their flight if they fail to present themselves for either check-in or board within the timelines stipulated in these Terms and Conditions. In the event that a Passenger arrives at the Carrier’s airport counter after check-in has closed, the passenger will be considered a “No-Show” and will forfeit their ticket without a refunded.
- Passenger requirements for airport check-in:
- during check-in you are required to present certain information relating to your flight and identity. Information required to be presented at check-in is: The Booking Confirmation for the flight and valid passport. As per South African law, passports must be valid for at least 6 months and must contain at least 2 blank pages.
Check-in: As this is a charter flight, all check-ins will be done at the airport on day of departure
- All departure and arrival country regulatory requirements for the carriage of infants and minors.
- All additional COVID-19 regulatory documents required by the departure and arrival country’s current regulations.
Failure to check-in in time due to the lack of required documents would be considered as a “No-Show” and the passenger and accompanying infant and or minor will forfeit their ticket without a refunded.
NB: It is therefore of crucial importance that Passengers know it is their responsibility to research and carry with them all required travel document and for those persons travelling with them (such as infants, minors, persons with disabilities, etc.)
- Boarding: Boarding opens 45 (forty-five) minutes prior to departure and closes strictly 15
(fifteen) minutes before departure. Passengers arriving late at the boarding gate will not
be accepted for travel, and will be deemed to have missed their flight, such passenger will be considered as a “No-Show” and will forfeit their ticket without a refunded.
- Seating: We cannot guarantee any particular Seat. We reserve the right to assign or reassign Seat allocation at any time, even after boarding of the aircraft. This may be necessary for operational, safety or security reasons. No smoking is permitted on any of our flights. You agree to accept any Seat that is made available to you onboard the aircraft by our flight crew.
- Travel documents: Passengers are solely responsible for obtaining and must possess and have available for presentation, as required by the relevant authorities at all points of entry and exit, any health and other documentation required by legislation, regulations, orders,
demands or requirements of the Republic of South Africa and all foreign countries. We reserve the right to refuse carriage to any Passenger who has not complied with, or whose documents do not appear to comply with, such legislation, regulations, orders, demands or requirements;
- Passenger are responsible for fines, detention costs: should we be required to pay or deposit any fine or penalty or incur any expenditure by reason of your failure to comply with country legislation or regulations, you shall on demand reimburse to us any amount so paid or expenditure so incurred. We may apply towards such payment or expenditure the value of any carriage unused by you, or any funds due to you in our possession.
- Security inspections: you shall submit to any security or health checks required by government or airport officials or by us.
5 LIMITATION OF CARRIAGE
- Right to refuse carriage: we may refuse carriage of you or your Baggage if, in the exercise of our reasonable discretion, we determine that:
- such action is necessary for reasons of safety or security
- you are deemed to have missed your flight
- such action is necessary in order to comply with any applicable government laws and regulations
- require special assistance; or cause harm or discomfort or is in some way objectionable to other Passengers or our crew; or involve any hazard or risk to yourself or other Passengers, crew or to any property.
- you have committed misconduct on a previous flight;
- you have not observed, or are likely to fail to observe our instructions;
- you have refused to submit to a security check;
- the applicable fare or any charges or taxes payable have not been paid; or credit arrangements agreed between us and you (or the person paying the fare) have not been adhered to;
- the payment of your fare is fraudulent;
- you do not have the proper documents for travel;
- the booking of your ticket has been done fraudulently or unlawfully or has been purchased from a person not authorised by us
- the credit card by which you paid the fare has been reported lost or stolen;
- the Booking Confirmation is counterfeit or was fraudulently obtained;
- the Booking Confirmation has been altered by someone other than us or our authorized agent(s), or has been damaged (in which case we reserve the right to retain such documentation);
- the person checking in or boarding cannot prove that he is the person named as the Passenger on the Booking Confirmation (we reserve the right to retain such Booking Confirmation in this circumstance).
- Infants and children below 18 years.
All minors travelling with the airline will need to be in possessions of the relevant country exit and entry documentation required for travel. These documents are the sole responsibility of the Parent and on Guardian. Refusal to travel of the Guardian and or Minor will be seen as a No-Show and will forfeit their ticket without a refunded.
For the purposes of these Terms & Conditions, an infant is any child under the age of 2
(two) years (on the date of travel). Infants may fly at percentage of the adult fare per
Sector provided he/she sits on an adult’s lap (an approved safety restraint for the infant
shall be provided);
- only 1 (one) infant is allowed per 1 (one) adult,
- one baby Seat or perambulator/stroller per child under the age of 3 (three) years old is allowed to travel with the Passenger free of charge within the aircraft hold;
- infants must be accompanied by their parents or a legal guardian and proof of such relationship shall be provided upon request;
- although infants do not occupy a Seat they must however be reflected on the Booking Confirmation;
- a child over the age of 2 (two) years will require their own Booking Confirmation and separate Seat like any other Passenger;
- a carry-on bag for the infant is allowed, provided it complies with the required dimensions;
- Passengers with infants or children under the age of 16 (sixteen) will not be allowed to sit in any emergency exit rows
- new born babies less than 7 (seven) days old will not be accepted for carriage;
- infants will be charged a percentage of the adult fare.
- Unaccompanied children below 12 (twelve) years of age will not be accepted for carriage unless they are accompanied by a Passenger who is a parent or his/her legal guardian or minder 16 (sixteen) years of age or over the age of 16 (sixteen) years, who will take full responsibility for the child.
- A maximum of 5 (five) children per parent, legal guardian or minder will be allowed;
- young persons over the age 12 (twelve) years of age (inclusive) may be accepted for carriage unaccompanied on the request of his/her parent or legal guardian. The respective parent or legal guardian must remain at the airport until the departure of the flight; and persons 16 (sixteen) years of age and above may travel unaccompanied.
- Reduced mobility and special needs passengers: For safety reasons we can only carry a limited number of Passengers per flight who have reduced mobility and who require special
assistance at the airport or on board. Due to this constraint, Passengers should request
availability of space on the aircraft before making a reservation. Some airports require an additional charge for the reduced mobility service, this cost would be for the passenger. Special needs will only be confirmed subject to availability. Failure to notify us as set out herein will result in the service being unavailable upon your arrival at the airport and you being refused carriage. Passengers refused boarding without prior arrangement would be considered as a “No-Show” and will forfeit their ticket without a refunded.
- Passengers unable to ascend /descend aircraft stairs are seen as passengers with Reduced
mobility, Paragraph 5. iii conditions above will apply;
- Subject to prior arrangement, wheelchairs may be arranged from our check in counters
to be used inside the airport terminals and to and from the aircraft only;
- “Special prior arrangements” for Passengers requiring carriage of a Service Animals must be requested at the time of booking tickets. Where possible passengers would be assisted via special request subject to the charter flights Operator. Requests unfortunately may be denied depending on the operators’ regulations and terms and conditions. Passengers refused boarding at the check in gate without prior arrangement would be considered as a “No-Show” and will forfeit their ticket without a refunded.
Note: additional cost would be applicable when Service Animals are allowed.
- We do not provide onboard medical oxygen on our flights. (only for emergencies purpose)
- Pregnant Passengers: Passengers who are pregnant are urged to consult with their physician to determine whether it is safe to travel by air, including with due consideration to the possibility of turbulence, cabin pressurization, a significantly increased risk of deep vein thrombosis associated with pregnancy and lack of ready access to medical care. This is particularly important for women in their ninth month of pregnancy, who are urged to obtain an examination from her physician shortly before flying to confirm that flying by air will be safe. Women with a history of complications or premature delivery should not fly at all. By travelling with us, pregnant women acknowledge and accept these risks. Expectant mothers may travel up to 28 (twenty-eight) weeks with no medical certificate. From 28 (twenty-eight) to 35 (thirty-five) weeks a doctor’s note is required. From the start of the 36th week of pregnancy expectant mothers will not be accepted for travel.
- Standard tickets include one 20g check in bag, together with a maximum of two pieces of hand luggage, together not exceeding 6kg. (see max dimensions below)
- Items unacceptable as Baggage or to be carried inside Baggage: We reserve the right to refuse carriage of such Baggage or such items found in Baggage as follows:
- items which are not properly packed in suitcases or other suitable containers in order to ensure safe carriage with ordinary care and handling.
- items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft, such as those specified in the Dangerous Goods Regulations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and in our Terms & Conditions and Conditions of Contract. Carriage of prohibited items is deemed to be a criminal offence and shall be treated as such.
- items which in our reasonable opinion are unsuitable for carriage by reason of their weight, shape, size or character.
- fragile or perishable items.
- live or dead animals and or human or animal remains.
- fresh or frozen seafood or other meats.
- firearms and ammunition, explosives. Weapons including but not limited to pellet guns, BB guns, replica guns, antique firearms, swords, knives and similar items, cannot be carried onto the aircraft for any reason whatsoever.
- flammable or non-inflammable gas (such as aerosol paints, butane gas, lighter refills, BB gun CO2 cartridges, grease)
- refrigerated gas (such as filled aqualung cylinders, liquid nitrogen)
- flammable liquids (such as paints, thinners, solvents).
- flammable solids (such as matches, fire lighters)
- organic peroxides (such as resins)
- poisons, infective substances (such as viruses, bacteria)
- radioactive material (such as radium)
- corrosive materials (such as acid, alkali, mercury, thermometers)
- magnetic substances
- oxidizing materials (such as bleaches); and/or
- the above list is only an indication of the most commonly caried prohibited items, the Dangerous Goods Regulations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) manual must be consulted for a complete list of prohibited items. We could be contacted seven days before departure to review the manual for items carriage applicability.
If any item referred to in any part of this Clause is carried, whether they are prohibited or not from carriage as Baggage, the carriage thereof shall be subject to the charges, limitations of liability and other provisions of these Terms & Conditions applicable to the carriage of Baggage.
- Any undeclared prohibited items identified in Cabin Baggage by the Airport security screening points will be confiscated by the relative Airports authority’s security and may not be returned to you. The Passenger takes full responsibility for the loss and or retrieval (if possible) of items confiscated by the relevant airport security. We accept no liability whatsoever regarding the loss of the above-mentioned articles and or retrieval of such confiscated items.
- Valuable and fragile goods: The Operator undertakes that in the handling, safeguarding and
utilization of a Passenger’s property, the Operator and associated parties will exercise the
degree of care, diligence and skill that can reasonably be expected in terms of the
Operators responsibility for managing the property belonging to another person. It is
specifically recorded that Baggage will be handled by the Operators ground handling
partner and the relevant safety authorities at the relevant airports, and that such handling
procedures are part mechanical and part manual. As such, by accepting these Terms and
Conditions, Passengers understand that they should not check-in any valuables or fragile
items as check in Baggage, nor should your Baggage contain any such valuable or fragile items.
Where valuable or fragile items are checked in as Baggage, or such valuable or fragile
items are packed or placed in you Baggage, you as Passenger, agree that you do so at
your own risk. Such items include but are not limited to; medication, perfumes and
fragrances, clothing and accessories, money or any form of currency or payment
instrument, jewellery, fragile musical instruments, artwork, cutlery or crockery, specialized
equipment, power tools, house and car keys, precision instruments, precious metals,
electronic devices, computers, cameras as well as related attachments or accessories,
video equipment, mobile phones, audio and video equipment, iPods, GPS equipment,
negotiable instruments, securities or other valuables, passports and other identification
documents, title deeds, artifacts and manuscripts;
- Right to search: for reasons of safety and security, we shall require you to undergo a search,
either by x-ray and/or another type of scan on your person and/or your Baggage. We reserve the right to search your Baggage in your absence should you be unavailable at the time of the search, for the purpose of determining whether you are in possession of or whether your Baggage contains any unacceptable or prohibited items. Should you refuse to comply with such searches or scans we reserve the right to refuse carriage without refunding your fare and without any other liability to you. In the event that a search or scan causes injury to you or Damage to your Baggage, we shall not be liable for such injury or Damage unless the same is due to our fault or negligence. If required, you must attend the inspection of your Baggage, checked or unchecked, by any officials (including customs officials or other government officials). We will not be liable for any loss or Damage suffered by you through your failure to comply with this requirement unless due to an act or an omission on our part done with intent to cause Damage or recklessly and with knowledge that Damage would probably result;
- upon delivery to us of the Baggage to be checked in, we shall take custody thereof and
issue a Baggage Identification Tag for each piece of Checked Baggage;
- checked Baggage must have your name or other personal identification affixed securely
- Checked Baggage will be carried on the same aircraft as the Passenger it belongs to
unless we decide for safety, security or operational reasons the baggage cannot be accepted, in which case you shall be notified;
- any Baggage in excess of 20kg (twenty kilograms) will be considered a heavy bag and an additional charges per kilogram will apply. A maximum limit of 32kg (thirty-two kilograms) shall be applied to each individual piece of Checked Baggage and at an additional cost per kilogram above 20 kilograms.
- any bags weighing in excess of 32kgs (thirty-two kilograms) must be transported
as cargo at an additional cost. This cargo may not be carried on the same flight as yours.
Carriage of cargo will need to be pre-arranged and dropped off timeously to the relevant Cargo handling services, the prescribed documentation and procedures would need to be followed;
- maximum dimensions for Checked Baggage are 90 x 75 x 43 centimetres or 35.5 x 29.5 x 16 inches @ a 20kg no costs or max 32kg at additional cost per kilogram.
- Excess baggage (Additional bags) – Available at an additional cost & must be pre-arranged no later than 48 hours prior to departure. Excess baggage on day of departure may not be permitted due to operational constraints. (for example aircraft weight restrictions on the day)
- Unchecked Baggage: a maximum of 2 (two) pieces of Baggage will be allowed to be carried on board the aircraft. The larger of the two, shall not exceed the dimensions of 56cm X 36cm X 23cm (centimetres) and may not weigh more than 6kgs (six kilograms). Such Baggage must fit in an enclosed storage compartment in the cabin.
The smaller of the two, shall not exceed the dimensions of 40cm X 15cm X 20cm (centimetres). Such baggage must fit under the seat in front of you and may not exceed 4 kgs.
- If a passenger presents at check-in with items determined by us to be of excessive
weight or size and not in compliance with the restrictions as defined, or items permissible as check-in luggage but not as hand luggage as outlined in the Dangerous Goods Regulations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA), such items will not be permitted on board as hand luggage and would need to be Checked as checked in Baggage and carried in the hold at an additional cost.
- If a passenger presents at the boarding gates with items determined by us to be of
excessive weight or size and not in compliance with the restrictions as defined, or items permissible as check-in luggage but not as hand luggage as outlined in the Dangerous Goods Regulations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the passengers will have to leave the item behind or forfeit the flight.
- Objects not suitable or aloud for transport in the cabin compartment as hand luggage but aloud a checked baggage will need to be check in and carried in the aircraft hold subject to availability and possible additional cost;
- In accordance with Civil Aviation Legislation, all unchecked items must be stowed in the
overhead compartments or under the seat in front of you for take-off, taxi and landing.
No loose items will be permitted in the cabin of the aircraft including, but not limited to,
electronics, artworks, musical instruments, wedding dresses, or baked goods.
- Alcoholic beverages may be carried aboard the aircraft subject to limited quantities
defined by the applicable country regulations.
- It must be noted that no passenger may consume alcoholic beverages brought on board the aircraft as hand luggage. Failing to comply Passengers will be reported to the authorities upon arrival.
- Lost/Damaged Baggage: must be reported upon arrival to the lost property agent as well as the airport police, to obtain a police report number, within 24 (twenty-four) hours and the relevant documentation must be completed in order for us to process and evaluate your claim. Assessment of your Damaged Baggage must be done immediately upon arrival by the lost property agent. All lost property found on our aircraft or at our boarding gate stations will be logged and kept in safe storage at our Lost Property Office at our Johannesburg head office for a period of 90 (ninety) days where after the item is disposed of or donated to good will. Sending all recovered items to our head office is the most secure way of keeping your lost item safe. It can take up to two working days for your item to be received and processed.
- It must be noted that we take no responsibility whatsoever for items left or lost on board. Item(s) found would be stored at our Johannesburg Office for identification and collection.
- We undertakes that in the handling, safeguarding and utilization of a Passenger’s property, the Operator and associated parties will exercise the degree of care, diligence and skill that can reasonably be expected in terms of the Carrier’s responsibility for managing the property belonging to another person. It is specifically recorded that Baggage will be handled by the Carrier’s ground handling partners, and the relevant safety authorities at the relevant airports, and that such handling procedures are part mechanical and part manual. As such, by accepting these Terms and Conditions, the Passenger understands that it can be reasonably expected that certain damage including, but not limited to, the breakage of handles, zips, protrusions, and wheels may occur in the general handling of these items and that the operator nether we will accept any liability for such damages.
- Collection and delivery of Baggage: you shall collect your Baggage as soon as is reasonably
possible once the Baggage is available for collection at your destination. If you do not collect it within a reasonable time and the Baggage needs to be stored, we may charge a storage fee. If Checked Baggage is not claimed within 3 (three) months of the time it was made available to you, we may dispose of it without any liability to us;
- Only the bearer of the Baggage Identification Tag delivered to the Passenger at the time the
Baggage was checked in is entitled to take delivery of Baggage. If a person claiming the Baggage is unable to produce a Baggage Identification Tag for identification of the Baggage, we will deliver the Baggage to such person only on condition that he is established to our
satisfaction the rightful owner of such Baggage, or such person shall furnish us with adequate proof from the owner to allow him collection of the baggage.
Delivery by courier may be arranged, however damage and or expense would be for the cost of the passenger.
- Acceptance of Baggage by the bearer of the Baggage Identification Tag without complaint at the time of delivery is reasonable evidence that the Baggage has been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the contract of carriage between us and the Passenger unless proven otherwise. Our responsibility towards you in respect of Baggage shall end when the Baggage is delivered to the Baggage carousel at the point of destination;
- Other conditions: other conditions relating to the carriage of your Baggage, including but not
limited to carriage of sporting equipment and musical instruments, are available on request. We will not accept any liability for scratches, cosmetic or minor damage to Baggage, including but not limited to damage to wheels, zips and locks, nor for any items protruding from Baggage, such as handles or trolleys; and
- Responsibility for delivery of lost Baggage: we accept no responsibility for delivery of lost
Baggage. Such delivery costs shall be for your account.
FLIGHT SCHEDULES, CANCELLATIONS AND DELAYS
- Schedules: we will use our best efforts to avoid any delay in the carriage of you and your
Baggage. We will endeavour to adhere to published schedules in effect on the date of travel.
However, the times shown in timetables, schedules or elsewhere are subject to change, at any time and we shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss incurred by passengers as a result of such change;
- Cancellation, delays and changes of schedules: at any time after a booking has been made we may change our schedules and/or cancel, terminate, divert, postpone, reschedule or delay any flight where we reasonably consider this to be justified by circumstances beyond our control or an Uncontrollable Event, or for reasons of safety, or commercial reasons.
- In the event of such flight cancellation made by AERO Charters, for operational reasons, passengers will receive a full refund.
- Where a cancellation or significant alteration is made to our schedule before the date of your departure, we will use reasonable efforts to inform you of any such cancellation or alteration using the information provided to us at the time of making the reservation.
- After payment has been made and a Booking Confirmation has been received the purchase of tickets is deemed to be final. Passengers have the right to cancel a flight reservation at any time prior to the scheduled flight, subject to the following administration fees levied in accordance with Section 17(3)(B) of the CPA:
Cancellation requests for flights more than 7 days prior to departure, will be entitled to a credit voucher for the full amount paid or a refund less a 50% cancellation charge
- Cancellation requests for flights departing within 7 days prior to departure will be non-refundable
Passengers are eligible for full refunds in the following circumstances:
Where the flight is cancelled by us, where we are unable to honour your reservation
- In terms of Section 47(3) of the CPA where the Carrier over-books a flight,
- In terms of Section 16(3) of the CPA where the consumer retains the right to cancel a
reservation within a 5-day cooling-off period after making a booking as the result of direct
marketing. The Carrier retains the right to request evidence of the direct marketing in
question to process the claim;
- In terms of Section 17(5) of the CPA where the Passenger is unable to travel as a result
of said passenger’s death or hospitalisation;
- Notwithstanding any other terms or provisions hereof, all refund applications are to be
submitted to the Carrier prior to a Passenger’s scheduled flight. Failure to do so will
forfeit the Passenger’s application for a refund. Any supporting documentation required
by the Carrier in support of the Passenger’s application for a refund, should be submitted
within 3 (three) days. Failure to do so will forfeit the Passenger’s application for a refund.
The Carrier will process the application for a refund within 21 (twenty one) days of
receiving all required documentation, and the Passenger accepts that it may take longer
for funds to reflect in the relevant bank account due to interbank clearing periods.
- Refunds will not be granted where:
Passengers have failed to check-in;
Passengers have not proceeded through airport security within the allotted time;
Passengers have failed to present themselves at the boarding gates within the
allotted time in accordance with these terms & conditions
the Passenger has failed to make a claim for the Refund; and/or
the booking was made fraudulently
- Refunds made in foreign currency will be calculated at the original exchange rate at the
time of refund payments calculated back to the base currency being South African Rand.
No cash refunds will be processed at any of our airport ticket sales offices. All refunds
will be done either by voucher to the Passenger concerned or the refund shall be made in
the same mode of payment as was originally made and to the person who paid for the
booking, upon presentation of identification and satisfactory proof of such payment. The
manner in which a refund will be made (either voucher or EFT payment) is at our sole and
- We will not provide meals or accommodation or accept any further liability for Denied
Boarding, delayed flights or changes in schedule.
- Should you wish to cancel your booking due to COVID-19 and elect to be refunded to voucher, this voucher will be valid for 6 (six) months only. No additional charges will apply. Vouchers not redeemed within the 6 (six) month period will lapse.
7. CONDUCT PRIOR TO AND ABOARD OUR AIRCRAFT
- If in our reasonable opinion your conduct on board the aircraft endangers the aircraft or any
person or property on board, or may obstruct or hinder the crew in the performance of their duties, or fails to comply with any instruction of the crew including but not limited to those with respect to: smoking, consumption of alcohol, use of cellular telephones or other electronic equipment, or use of any threatening, abusive or insulting words towards the crew and/or Passengers or any form of behaviour in a manner which causes discomfort, inconvenience, Damage or injury to other Passengers or the crew, we may take such measures as we deem necessary to prevent continuation of such conduct including restraint. You may be disembarked and refused onward carriage at any point and may be prosecuted for offences committed on board the aircraft and no refund will be provided to you;
- If as a result of your conduct we decide, in the exercise of our reasonable discretion, to
delay or divert the aircraft for the purpose of offloading you, you shall be liable for all
costs which we incur of any nature whatsoever as a result of or arising out of that delay
or diversion; and add your name to the No-Fly list
- For safety reasons, we may forbid or limit operation on board the aircraft of any electronic
equipment, including but not limited to: cellular telephones, laptop computers, portable recorders, portable radios, CD players, electronic games or transmitting devices, including radio-controlled toys and walkie-talkies. The operation of hearing aids and heart pacemakers is permitted.
8. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
Warsaw, Montreal Convention notice: if the Passenger’s Journey involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure, the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention 1999 may be applicable and the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention 1999 governs and in most cases limits the liability of carriers for death or personal injury to Passengers and for the loss of or Damage to Baggage;
- Notice of Baggage liability limitations: subject to these Terms and Conditions, liability for
loss, partial loss, delay or Damage to Baggage is limited to gross negligence on the part
of the Carrier. Liability for Domestic Flights and liability for International Flights vary
according to the respective law and applicable convention;
- Where the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention 1999 are not applicable:
the following rules shall apply;
- any liability we have for Damage will be reduced by any negligence on your part
which causes or contributes to the Damage in accordance with applicable law;
- we will not be liable for Damage to Passengers or any Checked Baggage or
Unchecked Baggage unless such Damage is caused by our negligence and such
Passenger or such Baggage was within our control or custody;
- any liability we might have towards Baggage will always be limited to US$20
(twenty United States dollars) per kilogram and not the monetary value thereof.
- The maximum value of the Checked Baggage as a whole shall be limited to a
maximum of US$400 (four hundred United States dollars) per Passenger, provided
that if in accordance with applicable law different limits of liability are applicable
such different limits shall apply. If the weight of the Baggage is not recorded on
the Baggage Identification Tag, it is presumed that the total weight of the Checked
Baggage does not exceed 20 (twenty) kilograms;
- we will not be liable for any Damage arising from our compliance with applicable
laws, government rules, regulations and/or your failure to comply with such laws,
rules and regulations. We shall have no liability whatsoever for Damage, loss or
partial loss to articles or items not permitted to be contained in your Baggage or
carried on your person;
- except where other specific provision is made in these Terms & Conditions, we
shall be liable to you only for direct Damages in accordance with applicable law;
- we are not liable for any Damage caused by your Baggage. You shall be
responsible for any Damage caused by your Baggage to other persons or property,
including our property;
- we are not responsible for any illness, disability or death, attributable to your
physical condition or for the aggravation of such condition;
- all arrangements and services provided by us in respect of assistance provided to
Passengers, with reduced mobility and payment(s) made by us to the handling
agent for such services, are as agent for and on behalf of you;
- we, our agents and employees shall not be liable for any death, personal injury
(unless such death or personal injury was caused by our negligence or our agents
and employees), loss or Damage however caused;
- you voluntarily assume all risk and danger in connection with the assistance
provided to Passengers with reduced mobility including any death, personal
injury, loss, Damage or liability. Any complaints regarding the service shall be
directed to and dealt with by the handling agent for such services;
- the contract of carriage including these Terms & Conditions and exclusions or
limits of liability, applies to our authorised agents, employees and representatives
to the same extent as they apply to us. The total amount recoverable from us and
from such authorised agents, employees and representatives shall not exceed the
amount of our own liability, if any;
- nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall waive any exclusion or limitation of our
liability under the applicable convention or applicable local laws unless otherwise
expressly stated by us. Subject to any applicable law we will not in any
circumstances be liable for indirect or consequential damages and in no event will
our obligations exceed any liability specified in these Terms & Conditions.
8. TIME LIMITATION ON CLAIMS AND ACTIONS
12.1 Notice of claims – If you wish to file a claim or an action regarding loss or Damage to an item of Checked Baggage or Unchecked Baggage, you must notify us within 24 (twenty-four) hours of the date the carriage ended
12.2 Limitation of actions: any right to Damages shall be extinguished if an action is not brought against us within 3 (three) years of the date of arrival at the destination, or the date on which the aircraft was scheduled to arrive, or the date on which the carriage stopped.
Unless otherwise provided by the applicable convention, or any applicable legislation,
regulations, orders or requirements:
- these Terms & Conditions and any carriage which we agree to provide you with (in
respect of yourself and/or your Baggage) shall be governed by the laws of the Republic
of South Africa; and
- any dispute between you and us concerning or arising out of such carriage in any way
whatsoever shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic
of South Africa.
MODIFICATION AND WAIVER
No agent, employee or representative of Operator has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of these Terms & Conditions.
- We have the right to cede any or all of the rights or obligations that we may have in terms of these Terms & Conditions without your consent or notification thereof. You may not cede, assign, encumber or transfer any of your rights or obligations in terms of these Terms & Conditions, unless you have our written consent to do so.
- When any person or entity is acting on our behalf and he/she/it has the necessary authority to do so, our authority does not need to be proved.
UNCONTROLLABLE EVENTS (FORCE MAJEURE)
- We will not be liable to you in the event that we are not able to perform any or all of our obligations in terms of these Terms & Conditions or any Booking Confirmation as a result of any Uncontrollable Event.
INDULGENCE AND RELAXATION
- Any leniency or relaxation or suspension of or agreement not to enforce or to suspend or postpone the enforcement of any of the provisions or terms that we may grant you in terms of these Terms & Conditions will not prevent us from exercising or enforcing any of the rights that we may have in terms of these Terms & Conditions in the future, including our right to require your strict compliance with these Terms & Conditions. Such leniency or relaxation or suspension or postponement will not affect the validity of any provision of these Terms & Conditions and will not constitute a waiver of any of our rights which remain strictly reserved.
- These Terms & Conditions, together with the Booking Confirmation constitute the entire agreement between us, and no party will have to comply with any term or condition that does not form part of this agreement.
- In the event that the whole or any part of these Terms & Conditions are deemed to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent in any jurisdiction, then such term or condition or part thereof shall be treated pro non scrip to and severed from the remaining Terms & Conditions which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the scope of services set out in the different Fares without notice:
- Identification Documents and Permitted Documents required to fly
Only the following forms of Identification will be accepted to permit the carriage of the individuals whose names appear on a reservation.
Valid International Passports
All passengers under 18 years will also require Original unabridged Birth Certificates, (or a physical, certified copy thereof that is no older than 3 months)
Additional documents required when not travelling with both parents
- Passengers shall ensure that they are in possession of all requisite documents and comply with specified temperature checks as mandated in terms of the Disaster Management Act Regulations 57 of 2002. Failure to provide the aforementioned where requested shall result in the Passenger being denied boarding and the ticket purchase price being forfeited in full.
Failure to present identification for each passenger, including minors and infants, as outlined above will result in a denied boarding.